What happened to my 2020 writing resolutions?

 I know I might regret this post. 

One because I can't remember the resolutions I set for myself, so I'm in for a surprise. Second because 2020 did not at all go as expected so that I don't have a lot to show in terms of what I achieved with my writing. 
This post is not to make myself or you feel bad for any or no progress. No one should feel bad for having to slow down this year, I just want to see what I set out for myself at the beginning of the year and what I ended up doing. 

The original post like it is on my blog right now. 


1. Make a routine for my writing blog. 
... well... 

2. Edit Night Changes Everything.
Hah, I actually did that! Only like a month ago, but I did. I had the idea of printing it for my family as Christmas presents but then I had doubts and didn't. But it means I still completely edited it. 

3. Write The Interview 2 and 3.
I started rewriting The Interview 1 and wrote a little of The Interview 2. That counts, right? 

4. Get more consistent with Twitter. 
Hahahahaha. No. Didn't do that but to be fair, Twitter does not really feel like a fun place most of the time. For some reason I don't enjoy it and so I don't feel bad for not using it as much. I will try again in the future but most of the time it is better for my mental health to stay away from most social media.

5. Finally figure out what to do with my novels. 
I guess I did that. I've decided to let my oldest project finally rest in peace. It was my first novel, I don't have to rework it so I'll be happy with it now. It deserves to be what it is. My first attempt. 
Then I did edit Night Changes Everything which means I am ready to try and query with it. AAH!
The Interview 2 will come to Wattpad once it is finally done (can't promise anything). 
For my last finished novel, that one is still in editing, but once I'm done I will give an announcement, because I have plans for it. 

This post was quicker to write than I thought. Honestly, I think I can be proud of myself. Sure, I didn't write as much as I wanted to and I did not edit all the stuff I wanted to edit, but considering how the year went, I still achieved some things. And with one novel completely edited I can finally take another step forward in my journey to eventually maybe being published. 

Lastly, I want to say that if you feel like you didn't achieve anything last year, then maybe do what I did and look back at some sort of list you made at some point. You might be surprised what you achieved but feel like it is not worth celebrating. The tiniest victory is still a victory, so pat yourself on the back. You made it out of this year and you will make it through the next one. 

Take care, write on, 
Lena

Follow me and stay in touch:
Twitter: @lena_fiala
Instagram: @lena_fiala_
Business inquiries: lena.fiala99@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts