Writing Update February 2021

Hey there :)

I've been playing around with the idea of a new "series" on my blog and since I had literally no other idea for this week's post, I thought it would be a great time to introduce it right now. 

I want to do a monthly post on my writing. A writing update, so to say. A post where I can tell you how I've been doing this month, what progress I've made writing wise and anything else that's been going on. 
You might also call it a diary entry, I don't know. It's something new and it is something I want to try out. It might not even become a monthly thing, considering I don't really have a lot of writing news at the moment :D
Anyway, let me know if this is a concept you like. 

Writing Update February 2021

This month I wanted to upload my entire novel "City girl meets Countryside" to Wattpad. One chapter a day (because it has 28 chapters, and February has 28 days). HOWEVER, I wasn't done editing it entirely so I had made it a plan to edit a chapter a day and then upload a chapter a day. 
Sounds like a plan, right?
Weeell.
It didn't really work out, who would've guessed it.
Because around the Chapter 10 point I've realised I had a massive plot hole/ plot issue to work out and I've been basically doing that since my last Wattpad update.
It's frustrating to me because I thought I was ready to upload everything, but I even more happy that I caught the issue when I did and didn't upload it without editing. That would've been worse.
So overall, a small hick-up in the progress of editing and uploading to Wattpad. 

Other than editing I didn't get to do a lot of writing this month because I'm lacking ideas. 
I know, I know, this doesn't sound like me. 
Normally I'm that person who has to keep track of all of her ideas and always has a new story ready to write. And while I still have a list of potential ideas none of them speak to me at the moment. 
I have a fantasy that I was thinking of continuing probably since 2019. I have a romance that I recently rediscovered and fleshed out, but it still feels super flat as an idea. I have an entire series of a faux celebrity YA story that I don't feel connected to anymore. 

So you see, I'm not sure where to go from here. I have these bursts of motivation where I want to work on my stories, but oddly enough I keep going back to old projects and editing, like "City girl meets Countryside", instead of writing anything new. 

Who knows, maybe I'm just a bit drained because exam season is coming up, maybe it's the whole situation that took a tole on my creativity, but for right now (and for my February update) I have to accept that editing is my way to go. 

I've also noticed a shift in my focus towards reading. This has been happening slowly over the last few months, but I think the aspect of escapism that I get from reading is winning over the "duty" or "obligation" to come up with a great story while writing. I'm in awe over everyone who can write consistently at the moment, because for me that is a struggle. 
But I can read every day. 
And while I can do this, I will continue. Until the day comes where that isn't fun anymore and maybe then it is time to see my therapist again. 

This is a very different style of post for me, so I would love to know what you think. Is this in any way interesting to you? Should I make these a monthly thing? Do you even care about what my life's like or should I instead try and write more how to posts or writing challenge posts? 
Let me know, I'm always interested in feedback. 

Take care, stay healthy and write on. 
Lena 

Follow me and stay in touch:
Twitter: @lena_fiala
Instagram: @lena_fiala_
Business inquiries: lena.fiala99@gmail.com
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/95108873-lena-fiala


Comments

Popular Posts